
It was in my last post that I had mentioned about "The plan" ; the plan to write an article per day. "VISA power, couldn't do it and I am now officially permitted to go to the US of A".
Yes,yesterday was my VISA interview at 0845 hrs. So , I had to go to bed early in order to get up early. I tried very hard, but it was only around 1 'o clock, that I dozed off!
It was a very nice first experience of Visa interview.The CSC brand name showed its effect and within 45 minutes of walking past the front gate of Paigah Palace, the newly opened US Consulate in Hyderabad, I was happily walking back through it again in the opposite direction! The whole process was swift and pretty quick.
The processes before the interview took about half an hour, which involved finger print check, document verification etc. Majority of the people, in the first batch were "going-to-meet-my-son-in-US" parents and it was fun to watch them. Fun in the sense that, I was able to imagine how my parents must have been been looking when they went for their VISA interview a few months back.
Though I know, how difficult it is to narrate a story effectively, I will still give it a shot and narrate my interview experience. My interviewer was a lady, who was taking her first interview of the day. We will call her "Mam" here.
This is how it was :
Mam: Hello!
Me : Good morning Mam!
......Checking the application .......
Mam : For how long have you been with CSC , sir ?
Me : I'll be completing three years in coming July.
Mam : What is the purpose of your visit?
Me : There is a new project, which requires one-to-one training from our on-site folks.
Mam: What is the project ?
Me : Our client, a retail chain in the US .... ( interrupted)
Mam: which one ?
Me : Kroger .
Mam : Oh!!! Kroger, the grocery store .....
Me : Yes, the project will improve the efficiency of their logistics and I will have to come back to India and train my team members here at offshore.
Mam : Okay, sir , your application has been approved !
Me : Thank you , mam !
...........and she took my passport away and I did not resent it at all !!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment