Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Just fot the plan's sake

"The plan is, that there is no plan". Sounds intelligently exciting, isn't it? Heard it in some movie whose name I can't recollect now. Wanted to use since then somewhere and was searching for some pertinent situation. But alas ! Will have to use its modification. Will tell you later . Carry on reading........

Last night, I wrote an entry about Obama's Cairo speech. I had read its text over the weekend. With it, I started my prep for the "reading comprehension" section of GMAT, which I plan to take up in the month of November, 9th to be precise. Anyway, after publishing the entry in my office at 4:oo P.M, I was pretty satisfied with my effort. It was lenghty, but still, the subjects of my article , Obama's speech & my RC prep , are no shorter ! Yes , the Obama speech was long and they say "there is no short cut to master the  RC section" . So,  I did not care much about the word limit. 

I then thought about improving my writing skills as well. Amit Varma (ttrrriiing trrrrinng Indiauncut.com), has said in his blog that it was blog writing that  made his writing crispier. He also said that the reader of your article is actually investing his time, chosing your article out of plethora, when he has all the writings in this world a click away!

Lesson learnt : you have to be mean, lean, short and sweet when you write something.  

I observed that before coming to the main point, I tend to set an ambience for my story , bringing in all the related points or actors into the picture and then BANG ! I shoot !

Yes, it may sound funny and actually is in a conversation, but when you have to write something, be it an article or an SOP :) , you can't afford this story telling and use of weapons! So, I took his advice seriously and planned to write "something" everyday to be precise in my writing.  

OKAY !  You have guessed it ! Yes, this was the plan I was talking about. The plan is, there is a plan to be followed strictly : An article a day ! 

I know the end is abrupt, but can't help ! Have to sleep now, was in night shift yeterday ! 

No comments:

ShareThis