
I am quite surprised myself. In my profile, I have written that it is music which takes place of O2 in my life and is essential for my existence. Then how is it possible that I did not write anything about it till now. So, let me do it rightaway.
As I type these words, while listening to my favorite singer-composer pair; Mangeshkar sister and brother, and its compositions from Shiv Kalyan Raja, I feel that if at all you are a music lover, you cannot resist yourself from venerating the Mangeshkar family. And if you are a Maharashtrian, the three siblings from this family take a place adjacent to your Gods.
So, how's the title of this article related to the Mangeshkars? As I always say, carry on reading....
Three weeks back, I was creating playlists of my favourite songs in my mobile phone. All in all there were six of them, categorized as :
-'Great voice' : which included 'Abhi na jao chhod kar': Mohd Rafi, "I can't help falling in love" : Elvis Presley, "Sweet Caroline" : Neal Diamond etc.
- 'Hindi', 'Marathi', 'English' and 'Misc', having songs from the respective language, 'misc.' having instrumental, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam songs.
_ 'My Fav' containing songs filtered from all the ones mentioned above and which I would simply love to listen to at any point of day, be it in my sleep as well.
Oh!! I have not mentioned anywhere above, that I worship Shankar Mahadevan. I love every piece of his work, no matter if it is a jingle sung by him ( remember "Kuch Khas hai hum sabhi mein" - Cadbury, you too love it, don't you?), performances with Zakir Hussain, John McLaughlin and U. Srinivas, as a part of 'Remember Shakti', or his timeless compositions with Ehsaan & Loy. I love each one of them.
So, coming back to 'My Fav' playlist, I observed that there was not even a single song by "My God" and the list was dominated by "The Family". The first song in the list was
"Tarun ahe ratra ajuni" ,
|
"Jivalaga" was the next,
|
followed by "Gagan Sadan Tejomay"
|
and then came "Daya Ghana".
The presence of my God had disappeared. I was scared. I was tensed. I questioned myself "Am I becoming an atheist"? I needed to relax. Inadvertently, I started listening to 'My fav' again and "The Family" reappeared.
It was this repetition of the playlist that was "my bath in the tub" and was enlightenment for me. It made me realize that actually the inventions of this family are my sustenance and there are Gods above my God.
No comments:
Post a Comment